Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by tingenek <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/18 22:15:39 UTC

Retained Flag in MQTT

Hi,
I'm having trouble with the retained flag on mqtt. Setting retained puts a
default post into a topic, so any new subscribers get that message first.
Doesn't seem to work though. I'm using latest paho client and activemq
version 5.9 SNAPSHOT with basic matt transport config. Anyone come across
this issue?

Rgds,

Re: Retained Flag in MQTT

Posted by vatsal12 <va...@gmail.com>.
Okay. I will try to figure out the problem.

Re: Retained Flag in MQTT

Posted by tingenek <ti...@gmail.com>.
Sadly, no. I had to use mosquitto instead.

Re: Retained Flag in MQTT

Posted by vatsal12 <va...@gmail.com>.
And on the other side, it is working perfectly with Apollo.
Is there any major difference in Apollo and Activemq MQTT distribution ?

Re: Retained Flag in MQTT

Posted by vatsal12 <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

I am using apache-activemq-5.9-20130919.101342-100.

i tried retained message with two different clients, it is showing same
problem.
Clients get connected to MQTT flawlessly and can publish and subscribe to
topics but the messages flagged as retained are not coming whenever new
consumer is attached.

Thanks

Re: Retained Flag in MQTT

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Can someone post a test case?

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013, vatsal12 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes I was trying the same. There is some problem.
> You figured out problem ?

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta