Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Shadonix <js...@kc.rr.com> on 2005/12/23 21:04:23 UTC

Admin Utility Install

Any pointers on installing the Admin Utility on Tomcat 5.5.

I don't see any obvious documentation on it.  The download gives you a conf
and server folder, and my assumption was to add the contents of those
folders to the appropriate folders, but it did not work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Admin Utility Install

Posted by Ashish Nabira <As...@Sun.COM>.
1) Download.

2) Unzip (or untar) into the Tomcat installation directory, maintaining
the directory structure of the archive.

3) Edit conf/tomcat-users.xml to include a userid with the role "admin".

Thanks & regards
Ashish Nabira
ITOPS TIER1 ,BLR NOC X89845
Sun Microsystems