Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mau, Bernd" <b....@hpc-hamburg.de> on 2007/02/06 09:08:26 UTC

Dependency Version Ranges: Unable to specify 0.6 <= x < 0.7

Hi,

I'm trying to use the maven version ranges syntax as described in the 'Dependency Mediation and Conflict Resolution' document (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution). Unfortunatly the syntax proposed does not work in my case.

A dependency for a module 'a' to another module 'b' should be fulfilled for all versions of b >= 0.6 and b < 0.7 (is true for all patches, respectively all revisions 0.6.x of 'b' on the branch 0.6).

The proposed syntax for this task is [0.6,0.7), but this will pick versions > 0.7!

Any suggestions would be helpfully.

Thank you!

Bernd Mau