Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org> on 2018/09/06 02:30:05 UTC

[VOTE] Replace with Gitter with Slack?

Hi Folks!
In the Apache tradition, I'd like to ask the community to vote on replacing
Gitter with Slack.

For more information about what was recently discussed, refer to
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8eeb6c46ec431b9158f87022ceaa5eed8dbaaf082c887dae55f86f96@%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

If you would like to replace Gitter with Slack, vote +1. If you want to
keep things they way they are, vote -1. You can also vote 0 if you don't
care either way because you wouldn't use either much, preferring to use the
mailing list instead, which is highly encouraged as it is Apache's official
record.

The vote will be open for 72 hours and will expire at 8p PT this Saturday.
-s

P.S. If the community votes for Slack, we could create our own workspace
(e.g. airflow.slack.com).
P.P.S. In general, anyone in the community can launch a vote like this from
time to time. There is no binding/non-binding distinction since we are not
running an official Apache vote.

Re: [VOTE] Replace with Gitter with Slack?

Posted by James Meickle <jm...@quantopian.com.INVALID>.
-1 unless we get a Slack with full retention.

Posted by Daniel Cohen <da...@cloudinary.com>.
+1

Posted by Adam Boscarino <ab...@digitalocean.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
0 (binding) I prefer using StackOverflow + Mailing list which are
searchable in Google.

And as someone said before the free slack version has only 10,000 messages
that are searchable.

If ASF provides a paid version, than I am happy to move to Slack - as it is
for sure better than gitter.

Regards,
Kaxil

Posted by Eamon Keane <ea...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by airflowuser <ai...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
-1

Posted by Shah Altaf <me...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Arthur Wiedmer <ar...@gmail.com>.
-0.5 (binding)

Posted by Pedro Machado <pe...@205datalab.com>.
+1

Posted by Marc Bollinger <ma...@lumoslabs.com>.
+1

Posted by Beau Barker <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Steve Carpenter <st...@ibotta.com>.
+1

Posted by Scott Halgrim <sc...@zapier.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org>.
BTW, I hope my last email didn't kill the vote and this is just due to
weekend traffic winding down, but feel free to vote if you haven't. The
vote will be open for another day.

-s

Posted by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org>.
Good points Ben.