Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Witbeck, Shane" <Sh...@bankofamerica.com> on 2002/03/08 16:59:04 UTC

struts + Websphere 3.5.5 problems

Does anyone here have experience with deploying struts apps with WAS 3.5.5?
I have followed the install directions (which outline WAS 3.5.2) but I still
have problems. I can deploy a war successfully but when I open the app in a
browser I keep getting a message like the following:
----------------
A recursive error was detected.
The server cannot use specified error page. Please check the application
error-path.
Error Message: Application is currently unavailable for service
Error Code: 503
----------------

I have traced the root of the problem to the struts servlet not initializing
which causes the entire app to die. Specifically Im pretty sure the external
DTD for the struts-config.xml file cannot be found (possibly because im
behind a fire wall). I have followed the directions for copying a copy of
the DTD to the app's servlet directory but this has not fixed the problem.

Any additional recommendations or docs for integrating WS and struts would
be appreciated. TIA.

Sincerely,

Shane Witbeck
Web Application Developer