Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik K G <kg...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/05 03:36:32 UTC

Solrcloud rolling backup

Hi Team,

Currently there is no functionality to delete a Solrcloud backup.
We are already creating directories with backup name in the shared location.
We should have some API to delete the Solrcloud backup as this would
benefit the community to have rolling backups.
If there is one already implemented, then it is not updated in the
documentation.
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/collections-api.html#CollectionsAPI-backup

The documentation is also not clear on what is a shared location. Shared
location here should mean that which has been mounted on same path on all
IPs of the collection.

Please let me know if I can go ahead and create an open JIRA to track the
Solrcloud backup deletion.

Thanks,
Karthik