Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by ahmed ashref <ah...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/29 22:25:05 UTC

Ble_pairing

Hello all,
I'm new to BLE, and I'd like to ask about pairing using mynewt.
1- After setting *syscfg* parameters, I used (*ble_gap_security_initiate*)
function to initiate the GAP security procedure, and I've used it after (
*ble_gap_conn_find*).
2- Then I will check on actions in *BLE_GAP_EVENT_PASSKEY_ACTION* which is
inside *callback gap_event function*, Sorry but I'm a little bit confused
here, I saw an email from the mail archive in which someone was asking
about pairing, and he used (*struct ble_sm_io*) to store the action then he
used (*ble_sm_inject_io()*)function to pass the key, And I've tried
this method on espressif example (here
<https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tree/master/examples/bluetooth/nimble/blecent>)
(PS: I've edited the code to perform pairing), and it worked, but when I
searched for it to get more information about it, I didn't find it in the
documentation, but I found it on GitHub codes, rather I found *(struct *
*ble_gap_passkey_params)* which I think is similar to *(ble_sm_io)*.
So I want to ask about:
1- whether using *(ble_sm_io)* is the right method or it's not supported.
2- If it's not supported, then how to use *(ble_gap_passkey_params)* or how
to complete the procedure of passing keys.
Sorry If you find my question very basic for you.
Thanks in advance.