Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ricardo Lecheta <fo...@opensymphony.com> on 2006/04/13 05:27:42 UTC

SAF2 + commons-validator

Hi all,

how the javascript validation will be implemented in SAF2 ?

the javascript validation was always a weak funcionallity in webwork... hope it will improve in SAF2 :-)

I have customized the spring-modules-validator for webwork. So I am using commons-validator with WW, and everythink is working well. The only thing I did no like, is that I am using commons-validator for client side validation, and the XWork validation for server side validation...

I can share my code if anybody is interested...

Regards,
Ricardo

[action2] Re: SAF2 + commons-validator

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
That sounds like a great solution.  Please keep us informed, and when you have code to share, open up a ticket
(http://issues.apache.org/struts) and start collecting patches and comments there.  Thanks for taking this up!

Don

Re: SAF2 + commons-validator

Posted by Ricardo Lecheta <fo...@opensymphony.com>.
Hi,

Re: SAF2 + commons-validator

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
That's good to hear.  We are planning on supporting commons-validator in
action 2, but haven't worked on that yet.  Any help and/or code you
could provide would be very helpful.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of commons-validator though, even though
I've done a fair bit of work on it.  I'd like to see either the best
parts scavenged for action 2, or it rewritten to be more flexible and
easier to work with.  Regardless, we need commons-validator support to
aid Struts 1.x users for migration.

Don

Re: SAF2 + commons-validator

Posted by Ricardo Lecheta <fo...@opensymphony.com>.
>>Have you tried the form validation using DWR? It does the REAL validations on the server >>side, but while you're still editing the form. Lots of validtations are too complex to be >>implemented as Javascript in-browser validations, so IMO this is a much better solution >>for client-side validation.
Hi Jason,

yes, I tried. But I prefer use javascript for simple validations, like required, int, date...

regards,
Ricardo

Re: SAF2 + commons-validator

Posted by Jason Carreira <fo...@opensymphony.com>.