Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com> on 2001/03/27 22:47:40 UTC

Commas...

Hi all,

   I've noticed that Batik is a bit overly sensative to the
presence/absence of comma's in the transform attribute:

      From section 7.6 of the Feb 2001 Spec

          The value of the transform attribute is a <transform-list>,
          which is defined as a list of transform definitions, which
          are applied in the order provided. The individual transform
          definitions are separated by whitespace and/or a comma. The
          available types of transform definitions include:

     It would appear that Batik does not accept commas in the
transform-list:

<g transform="matrix(1 0 0 -1 0 0),scale(1.0),translate(0,-102.0408)">
  [...]

     Causes the following not particularly helpful message (although
not as bad as the next one).

     [java] line number not available.
     [java] org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: file:/home/deweese/entertain.svgz:-1
     [java] The attribute 'transform' of the element <g> is invalid
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGUtilities.convertTransform(SVGUtilities.java:804)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.AbstractGraphicsNodeBridge.createGraphicsNode(AbstractGraphicsNodeBridge.java:60)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGGElementBridge.createGraphicsNode(SVGGElementBridge.java:39)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:149)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:120)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(GVTBuilder.java:99)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(GVTBuilder.java:58)
     [java]     at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder.run(GVTTreeBuilder.java:72)

     The line number problem is probably because it's a compressed svg
file, but I would still have hoped for the line number in the
uncompressed svg file.  It might have been nice if it indicated at
what point it decided the transform attribute was invalid (at first I
thought it was the lack of commas in the matrix).

Re: Commas...

Posted by Stephane Hillion <St...@sophia.inria.fr>.
On Tuesday 27 March 2001 22:47, Thomas E Deweese wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I've noticed that Batik is a bit overly sensative to the
> presence/absence of comma's in the transform attribute:
>
>       From section 7.6 of the Feb 2001 Spec
>
>           The value of the transform attribute is a <transform-list>,
>           which is defined as a list of transform definitions, which
>           are applied in the order provided. The individual transform
>           definitions are separated by whitespace and/or a comma. The
>           available types of transform definitions include:
>

>      It would appear that Batik does not accept commas in the
> transform-list:
>
> <g transform="matrix(1 0 0 -1 0 0),scale(1.0),translate(0,-102.0408)">
>   [...]

Fixed.

>      Causes the following not particularly helpful message (although
> not as bad as the next one).
>
>      [java] line number not available.
>      [java] org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException:
> file:/home/deweese/entertain.svgz:-1 [java] The attribute 'transform' of
> the element <g> is invalid [java]     at
> org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGUtilities.convertTransform(SVGUtilities.java:804
>
>      The line number problem is probably because it's a compressed svg
> file, but I would still have hoped for the line number in the
> uncompressed svg file.  It might have been nice if it indicated at
> what point it decided the transform attribute was invalid (at first I
> thought it was the lack of commas in the matrix).

Line numbers are not supported yet. It is partially coded, this is why you
got this message. Thierry and I just need to move the document loading to the
bridge to be able to fully support this feature.