Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2016/11/05 15:43:25 UTC

Re: [ALL] Git repository for a sandbox component?

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 09:53:01 -0500, Matt Sicker wrote:
> Is this a vote of some sort to convert from svn?

Not really (at least if your question is whether I ask to
convert the whole sandbox, or all sandbox components).

I thought that a sandbox component had to use the same repository
as all other sandbox components:
   $ svn list http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox

Hence I suggested to Eric to create the new "filter" one.

But then I saw that the "Text" component is not listed by the above,
command but uses git.

So if this is OK, I'd rather ask for a new git repository for "filter"
too (that is currently empty).

Regards,
Gilles

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 19:54:02 +0100, Eric Barnhill wrote:
> Speaking for myself either is fine. I find svn commands easier to
> deal with
> than git, but github is easy to use as a site.

I find the above a little contradictory but since you are
going to manage this, it's up to you. ;-)

Gilles

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
GitHub mirrors both the svn and git repos for ASF projects, so you get the
advantages either way. Merging pull requests from GitHub is easier via git,
but they do provide .patch files as well which work just as well in svn.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [ALL] Git repository for a sandbox component?

Posted by Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com>.