Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Allen, Daniel" <Da...@kbcfp.com> on 2008/04/22 21:27:45 UTC

Exception like a missing JAR, but I think I have them all

When I try to start up my Struts 2/Spring project, I get an exception
about a missing class, which makes me think I have a missing JAR, but I
can't find mention of anything that isn't already in my build. Could
anyone take a look, perhaps?

I have the following entries in my Maven POM. Am I missing anything?
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.11</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-sitemesh-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.11</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-spring-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.11</version>
        </dependency>

Here is the exception stack trace:
2008-04-22 15:18:37,115 ERROR [StandardContext.java:3604] : Exception
starting filter action2
Cannot locate the chosen ObjectFactory implementation: spring - [unknown
location]
	at
org.apache.struts2.config.BeanSelectionProvider.alias(BeanSelectionProvi
der.java:224)
	at
org.apache.struts2.config.BeanSelectionProvider.alias(BeanSelectionProvi
der.java:195)
	at
org.apache.struts2.config.BeanSelectionProvider.register(BeanSelectionPr
ovider.java:153)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultC
onfiguration.java:131)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(Con
figurationManager.java:52)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispa
tcher.java:395)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:452)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(FilterDispatcher.jav
a:201)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFi
lterConfig.java:223)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(Applicatio
nFilterConfig.java:304)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilte
rConfig.java:77)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.jav
a:3600)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4193
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:759)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:9
04)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java
:867)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:31
0)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:119)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)

And the web.xml excerpt containing "action2":
    <filter>
        <filter-name>action2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-cla
ss>
    </filter>

Thanks,
~Dan Allen

--
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of any entity within the KBC Financial Products group of companies (together referred to as "KBC FP").

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of KBC FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product. Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would enter into a transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC FP's own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past performance is not indicative of future returns.

Re: Exception like a missing JAR, but I think I have them all

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Spring Core *is* listed as a dependency of the Struts Spring Plugin
(along with various other Spring modules), at least according to the POM
in the default Maven repository [1]. I don't know why your build would
have failed to pick them up.

L.

[1]
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/struts/struts2-spring-plugin/2.0.11/struts2-spring-plugin-2.0.11.pom