Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by April Becker <AB...@efavorites.com> on 2000/09/11 17:37:13 UTC

Cocoon Netscape CSS Display Problem

I know this issue has been addressed  before as I can see it through a
Google search on the old webweaving site, but I can't locate the files in
the new repository so I apologize for the redundancy.

I am using a linked CSS with my XSL and the file works fine in IE but in
Netscape is a mess. Netscape will either display the CSS code plus part of
the page in the browser from the outset or will display the page properly
but on page resize, going back, clicking on a link, etc.. the CSS code
appears. I've checked the validity of the CSS, XSL, and HTML output and all
is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

April Becker

Re: Cocoon Netscape CSS Display Problem

Posted by James Scott <js...@hnt.com>.

> I am using a linked CSS with my XSL and the file works fine in IE but in
> Netscape is a mess.

NS 4.x's CSS support is lousy (and that's putting it charitably). It has partial
CSS1 support and that's it, so you may be running up against NS bugs. Make sure
you're using only CSS1 features, for starters.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Here are a couple of links to pages that talk
about CSS support in Navigator:

http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/netscape4.html
http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/browser_support/index.html

HTH,