Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2012/06/21 16:42:07 UTC

Storage pool allocation reporting from libvirt under RHEL6 derivatives

Hi,

A couple of months ago we had the discussion why the agent is currently
doing a "df" on the mountpoint of a NFS pool [0]

Edison told me this was due to a bug in libvirt under RHEL6.

Today I tested with RHEL6 and CentOS6 with a couple of NFS mounts and it
works fine.

After issuing a pool-refresh libvirt will reply with the correct
allocation and capacity of a pool.

I'm thinking about removing this code from the agent and fully relying
on libvirt for this, any objections or comments?

I've tested with libvirt 0.9.4, which is default under RHEL6.

Wido

[0]:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=blob;f=agent/src/com/cloud/agent/storage/LibvirtStorageAdaptor.java;h=6ee69847d204bd40499ed0adad65f29d87a93164;hb=master#l391