Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/01/10 16:43:56 UTC

Connecting Commit Messages and JIRA Issues

Do we have an arrangement for connecting commit messages to issues they apply to?

What is the notation to use in the commit message that triggers a comment in the JIRA?

 - Dennis

Re: Connecting Commit Messages and JIRA Issues

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jan 10, 2015, at 7:49 AM, jan i wrote:

> On Saturday, January 10, 2015, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Do we have an arrangement for connecting commit messages to issues they
>> apply to?
>
> we don't
>

>> What is the notation to use in the commit message that triggers a comment
>> in the JIRA?
>
> I wish I knew, I only know that several projects use it

I have experience with this.

(1) Make sure that you include the JIRA issue key in your commit comment. Once we have the proper support in JIRA our repos can be scanned to create the connection.

(2) Request that INFRA set this up for our repository. There are plugins for this in the Atlassian Marketplace from 3rd parties.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin

There is built in support for Subversion, but not git.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Subversion

(3) FishEye may be a better choice and I've seen that some projects use that as well. Atlassian mentions that this supports Git.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/overview

Regards,
Dave

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> Do we have an arrangement for connecting commit messages to issues they
> apply to?

we don't