Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2014/04/11 23:00:47 UTC

upgrading the build/parent-pom to use v 14 of apache-wide common parent

Hi everyone.

I'm updating the build/parent pom to use the apache-wide common parent at
version 14 (it was at version 13).  V14 was released in March of 2014, and
updates some of the maven plugin versions.  For instance, it updates the version
of the maven javadoc plugin to 2.9.1 from 2.9, which picks up the change to fix
the issue with javadocs.  Where possible, I've removed the overriding versions
in our UIMA common build POM, in favor of using what the Apache-wide parent-pom
v 14 supplies.

I don't think this will affect anyone, but (after I check in the changes in a
moment), try it out and see if it causes any issues (by changing the parent pom
of your project's parent-pom to the UIMA-wide version parent-pom version
9-SNAPSHOT).  I've tried it out already with the uimaj core sdk, and it seems fine.

If no one reports any issues, I'll probably start a release vote to push out
version 9.

Thanks!  -Marshall