Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alvin Tan <al...@patroids.com> on 2000/09/05 09:03:52 UTC

Image Embedding

Hi,

I have some problems in using XSL Formating Object.

I'm trying out FOP and I managed to embed a jpeg image and generate a PDF
out. I used a 300 dpi by 300 dpi jpeg and the file size of the PDF is big,
around 1MB. How do I reduce the PDF file size and retaining the image
resolution/quality?

I tried another jpeg image taken with digital camera and that image appeared
all black in the pdf file I generated. The image is in YCC color scheme. I
think it means CMYK mode. I converted that image to true color RGB mode and
it managed to show out. Can I used YCC color scheme jpeg image in Formating
Objects and how?

Lastly, how do I use external graphic file in FO instead of embedding it? I
have tried but didn't managed to get it right. What's the syntax for using
external graphic file?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Alvin

RE: Image Embedding

Posted by Alvin Tan <al...@patroids.com>.