Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Susanne Jarl <Su...@ausystems.se> on 2007/03/15 10:15:32 UTC

soap 1.1 vs soap1.2. Differencies in server stubs? How to test?

Hi!

When I use the Server Code Generator (Eclipse plugin) to generate the
server stubs I can in the Axis2 Codegen Wizard select Port Name - the
SOAP1.1 or the SOAP 1.2 binding port. (The SOAP 1.2 binding port is
automatically created by the Server Code Generator tool.)

I am wondering if there is any differencies in the generated server
stubs code if I choose SOAP 1.1 binding or SOAP 1.2 binding?

If I want to use both ports do I have to generate server stubs for both?

If the server stub code is the same, is it necessary to test both
soap1.1 and soap1.2 separatly? And if so, how do I set the soap version
to use when testing? Do you have any recommendation for testing this in
an easy way?

Thanks!

/Susanne

Re: soap 1.1 vs soap1.2. Differencies in server stubs? How to test?

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
The server code is not binding dependant, but the client code is. The
portName option does not apply when generating serverside it only applies
for client side. If the request is SOAP1.1 then the respnce will be SOAP 1.1.
Same goes for SOAP 1.2.

Thanks,
Keith

On 3/15/07, Susanne Jarl <Su...@ausystems.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When I use the Server Code Generator (Eclipse plugin) to generate the
> server stubs I can in the Axis2 Codegen Wizard select Port Name - the
> SOAP1.1 or the SOAP 1.2 binding port. (The SOAP 1.2 binding port is
> automatically created by the Server Code Generator tool.)
>
> I am wondering if there is any differencies in the generated server
> stubs code if I choose SOAP 1.1 binding or SOAP 1.2 binding?
>
> If I want to use both ports do I have to generate server stubs for both?
>
> If the server stub code is the same, is it necessary to test both
> soap1.1 and soap1.2 separatly? And if so, how do I set the soap version
> to use when testing? Do you have any recommendation for testing this in
> an easy way?
>

> Thanks!
>
> /Susanne

Keith Chapman