Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by V Y <v_...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/17 02:17:28 UTC

Logger usage question

Dear All

I have in my server.xml file, defined 3 Loggers
as well as access_log.

The 3 Loggers are FileLogger, SystemErrLogger and SystemOutLogger.
Each of them will log to their own respective files.  And I put
all 3 definities inside a Context.  I then bounced the servlet engine.
As test, I have this line in one of my JSP:

   getServletContext().log("This is a test");

It did log this line but it went to catalina.out, the default file.
I have specified to have each of the logger logs to their own
file so it should not go into catalina.out at all.
Access log is running fine though.

Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong?
Is there another way to log messages that
would include the verbosity level?  I need more detail
logging mechanism than what I can find in ServletContext class.
Thanks for any tips.

--V