Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Reynolds <si...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/24 16:10:50 UTC

Messenger and avalon

Hello,

Is Messenger working with Avalon/Phoenix??

I can run the test examples that come with Messenger but when I try and add
a queue producer to an Avalon server it appears to hang when executing the
MessengerManager.get() call. I have included the Messenger.xml file in the
top of the tree in the jar file deployed in the phoenix server.

Thanks

Simon

Re: Messenger and avalon

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Simon

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Incidentally, there's a Servlet to initialise Messenger from an explicit
Messenger.xml file from some URL in
org.apache.commons.messenger.InitMessengerServlet. It might be that in
Avalon/Phoenix doing something similar might help? Here's the main code from
the servlet...

String config = ...;
URL url = getServletContext().getResource( config );
MessengerManager.configure( url.toString() );

Also if singletons are an issue in Avalon/Phonix you can create different
MessengerManager instances via the static load() helper method.

James