Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by John Liston <li...@asconline.com> on 2016/10/25 19:39:08 UTC

How to remove buttons from a PDF

How do I use PDFBox to remove the "About" etc. buttons from the top edge of this PDF, so that I may then view it without them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/781cgwn4m2grose/PAMV1A.pdf?dl=0

I tried PDDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm().flatten() without success.  How can I get rid of the buttons?

Thanks,
John Liston

Re: How to remove buttons from a PDF

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 25.10.2016 um 21:39 schrieb John Liston:
> How do I use PDFBox to remove the "About" etc. buttons from the top edge of this PDF, so that I may then view it without them?
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/781cgwn4m2grose/PAMV1A.pdf?dl=0
>
> I tried PDDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm().flatten() without success.  How can I get rid of the buttons?

This removes the cmdAbout button only. You'd need to modify the code so
that it deletes all that starts with "cmd".

public class RemoveAnnot
{
     public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException
     {
         PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(new File("PAMV1A.pdf"));
         List<PDAnnotation> annotations = doc.getPage(0).getAnnotations();
         for (int i = 0; i < annotations.size(); ++i)
         {
         PDAnnotation ann = annotations.get(i);

             String s = ann.getCOSObject().getString(COSName.T);
             if ("cmdAbout".equals(s))
             {
                 annotations.remove(ann);
                 break;