Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dorchain Marc <m....@syborg.de> on 2000/07/20 14:10:38 UTC

xml-docs

According to the xml2pdf.xsl file in the xml.docs are some little bugs, for
example
     - check why in section "FO Formatting" p. 17 the bullets are
overwritten

I had a look at the stylesheet and changed the <xsl:template match ="li">.
If you put a list block around the existing fo list instructions, the
bullets aren't overwritten anymore.

[snip]
<!-- li (list item) -->
<xsl:template match ="li">
	<fo:list-block>
		...existing instructions can stay
	</fo:list-block>
</xsl:template>
[/snip]

Marc

Re: xml-docs

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> According to the xml2pdf.xsl file in the xml.docs are some little bugs, for
> example
>      - check why in section "FO Formatting" p. 17 the bullets are
> overwritten
>
> I had a look at the stylesheet and changed the <xsl:template match ="li">.
> If you put a list block around the existing fo list instructions, the
> bullets aren't overwritten anymore.

> [snip]
> <!-- li (list item) -->
> <xsl:template match ="li">
> 	<fo:list-block>
> 		...existing instructions can stay
> 	</fo:list-block>
> </xsl:template>
> [/snip]

Marc,
thanks for pointing me to the error in the pdf file (overwritten bullets), but I don't think
that your proposal is the way to go: According to the xsl spec "The fo:list-block has the
role of containing the complete list and to specify values used for the list geometry in the
inline-progression-direction (see details below)", so we should wrap every item into this
one.
Actually the problem is that at this point we don't have a unordered list (<ul>), but an
ordered list (ol), which isn't handled by the stylesheet at all. Another point to fix.

Fotis