Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ro...@census.gov on 2003/02/05 23:26:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.43 with suexec enabled...

Hi all,

I am having problems setting up apache 2.0.43 with suexec  enabled.
Everytime I use the VirtualHost in my configuration, all of the cgi scripts
start to get "500 Internal Server Error". See below.

<VirtualHost *>
    SuexecUserGroup     test testgrp
    ScriptAlias         /~test/scgi/        /home/testgrp/~test/www/scgi/
    <Directory /home/testgrp/~test/www/scgi>
         Options           Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
         order allow,deny
         allow from all
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

As soon as I comment out the <VirtualHost> mentioned above, all my cgi
scripts work again.

If I place the configuration below outside the <VirtualHost> my scripts
work again but the script does not run as user "test" . Instead, it runs as
the global user htppd.

User httpd
Group http
UserDir www

ScriptAlias         /~test/scgi/        /home/testgrp/~test/www/scgi/
    <Directory /home/testgrp/~test/www/scgi>
         Options           Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
         order allow,deny
         allow from all
    </Directory>

Any suggestions???