Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Mark Torluemke <mt...@apache.org> on 2016/12/26 16:21:51 UTC

ATS 6.2 support in Traffic Ops

Spawning a different email thread from Jan's original for the topic in the
edited subject line.

Thanks,
Mark

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com> wrote:

> Looking at the ATS 6.2 support for TO which requires a deliveryservice to
> profile mapping, and was wondering why we still have the profile column
> (CCR Profile) in deliveryservice?

Feels like Delivery Services should get Parameters (in the same way
Profiles and Cache Groups have them) to support the multi-site origin
concepts. Maybe just a typo above?

Re: ATS 6.2 support in Traffic Ops

Posted by Mark Torluemke <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, if a deployment has many essentially replicated MSO delivery
services, I can certainly see the advantage of making a template for the
settings.

I'm not sure on the actual implementation -- which profile would the params
go on -- each of the origin ones? Might result in a bunch of profiles
necessary to just change one parameter (thinking HTTP response codes).
Another thing to consider -- we typically make a separate origin profile to
make the cache group hierarchy correct, and a separate profile for
different origin 'weights' (@dg4prez might weigh in, in case I misspoke). I
think the cache group topology is good descriptive information for a
profile, but the 'weight' parameter is something that could also go in a
template concept.

Posted by Mark Torluemke <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Torluemke <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.