Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Anthony Zawacki <zw...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/09/04 14:11:24 UTC

Re: Recall Tr: *fatal problems* while trying to run Xerces on AIX43

Hello,

There is not enough information really to help you.  There are two issues
you may be facing:

o  Operating system:  You specify aix 4.3 , but not if it is 4.3.2 or
4.3.3.  Several libraries changed between the two versions of the operating
system, so the two are not binary compatible (at least to my way of
thinking.)  The xerces web site isn't any more specific, but I can assure
you that libc changed betweent the two versions (for example, libdl is no
longer available under 4.3.3, it's been moved to libc.)

o  Compiler:  The binary distribution was compiled with xlC v. 3.6.4.  If
you are using any other compiler, or version of the compiler, the binary
distribution will not work.  We use VisualAge 5.0, which has a "proper" stl
library, so the build process is quite different.  If you search the
archives for my previous posts, you will see some that detail what I did to
get xerces to compile using Visual Age 5.

Hope this helps...

Anthony

                    "Laurent
                    PETIT"               To:     <xe...@xml.apache.org>
                    <lpetit@sqli.c       cc:
                    om>                  Subject:     Recall Tr: *fatal problems* while trying to run Xerces on
                                          AIX43
                    08/31/2001
                    03:36 AM
                    Please respond
                    xerces-c-dev

Since I had no answers on my first attempt, I re-post my previous message.

Any answer that should help us will be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Laurent PETIT.