Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/10/05 00:30:38 UTC

Web site publishing

Hi,

Perhaps I’m just not understanding what happening but it seem the website is no longer being published or is using the wrong branch to doing so.

My previous understanding was it was using the asf-site branch, but changes to that (like this [1]) as not showing up in the website and the Jenkins job seems to be running off master not asf-site. [2] Has something changed?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-training/blob/asf-site/site/src/site/asciidoc/downloads.adoc
2. https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Training%20(incubating)/job/Training%20Multi-Branch%20Pipeline/

Re: Web site publishing

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

For future reference don’t create a directory called “content" anywhere under site. If you do it will become the the root of the site. It’s feature not a bug!

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Web site publishing

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Nope my mistake I commited to the wrong branch. I’ll fix it up.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Web site publishing

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Perhaps related to these changes? [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/.asf.yaml+features+for+git+repositories

Re: Web site publishing

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> And I gotta read up what you mentioned about "content" directories.

If you have a directory called “content” it make that the root of the website - which wasn’t what I wanted. :-). No idea if it’s a documented feature or not.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Web site publishing

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Sometimes the sync tool gets out of sync... Try the self Service tool to sync the repos.

And I gotta read up what you mentioned about "content" directories.

Chris

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>