Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Igor Kuzmenko <f1...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/20 16:15:32 UTC

Kafka Spout enable.auto.commit=false

Hello, I'd like to understand difference between auto commit mode
true/false in new KafkaSpout.

With auto.commit.enabled = false KafkaSpout will move my offset relying on
acked tuples, it seems easy.

But what happens if I turn auto commit on?
How Kafka make decision which offset to commit?

Re: Kafka Spout enable.auto.commit=false

Posted by Igor Kuzmenko <f1...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Hugo. That's all I want to know abot this.