Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Veyret Stephane <sv...@axway.com> on 2006/09/12 13:14:13 UTC

m2: Profile inheritance

Hello,

I have several projects in a multi-module hierarchy, all of them inheriting from a "compagny-wide" pom. This super-pom defines two profiles, automatically activated by an environment value.
I whould like to have different behaviors into my child-poms too, depending of the activated profile. But it seems that each profile definition is independant as soon as it is in a different pom. The profile of my child-pom is not activated nor even merged to its parent profile, even when they have the same profile id.
Do I do something wrong or is that a fact that profiles are not inherited. If so, what is the id for ?

Thanks for your help.