Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Charles Gonçalves <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/17 13:59:48 UTC

Re: Controlling the Pig/Hadoop Logging Level

Hi  ...

Another doubt related to the logging.
I can't see any of my UDFs logging outputs when running pig.
I need to provide an specific log4j.xml using  -log4jconf ?

Can someone help me?
Thanks!

--
*Charles Ferreira Gonçalves *
http://homepages.dcc.ufmg.br/~charles/

Re: Controlling the Pig/Hadoop Logging Level

Posted by Andreas Paepcke <pa...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Charles,

for me the following works:

     getLogger().warn("I let it slide this time; but never do this again.");

As to *suppressing* the log output, or setting the level,
I did not yet follow up on Dmitriy's suggestion to check
what Eclipse picks up. So I can't report back on that issue.

Andreas