Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 14:21:41 UTC

0.32 release update - RC is available

Hi, folks.  The 0.32 release candidate is now available.

  Release artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.32-rc/
  Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1027
  Test output: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.32-rc.log

This is pre-release code, for testing only!  Thanks very much to those who
have reported on their testing thus far.  Please verify that the RC works
for you.

Note that the ssl_test failure in the cpp test output is a still unresolved
problem with my test harness.  The test succeeds when I run it manually.

These release artifacts are signed.  If approved by vote, the RC bits will
be the GA bits.  I will open the vote later today.

Thanks!
Justin

---
0.32 release page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.32+Release

Re: 0.32 release update - RC is available

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
I've made a fix as https://svn.apache.org/r1665702 on trunk.

The impact of the change is solely to the automatic upgrader, and
specifically only for the path that is currently causing the error
(key/trust stores where the default type was previously being used in
the config).

-- Rob

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, approved.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
I would like the build fix, but first some tedious questions.

These functions were simply extraneous?  Why were the present in the first
instance?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 09:21 -0400, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, folks.  The 0.32 release candidate is now available.
>
>   Release artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.32-rc/
>   Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1027
>   Test output: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.32-rc.log
>
> This is pre-release code, for testing only!  Thanks very much to those who
> have reported on their testing thus far.  Please verify that the RC works
> for you.

The C++ bits do not build with Fedora 21 (gcc 4.9) because the amqp 1.0
code triggers an unused function warning:

QPID-6444

It is arguable whether this is a blocker as there is a work around
(disable warnings) but it will be a gotcha for users following the
instructions.

Andrew

Re: 0.32 release update - RC is available

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Justin,
I tested 0.32 RC java broker and java JMS clients by starting the broker
and running Hello/Spout/Drain examples from 0.8/0.9.x/0.10 JMS client and
Hello example from 1.0 JMS client.
They worked fine for me. No issue is found.
Additionally I tested web management console operations like creation and
editing of virtual host nodes,virtual hosts, groups providers, acl
provider, port, etc. No issue is found there as well.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin

I discovered serious one regression whilst testing 0.32.   QPID-6440
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6440> effectively prevents a
user managing a HA group of Java Brokers.  It is a simple UI problem that
results in a flag becoming set on the server side with no reasonable way
for the user to resolve without resorting to hand editing config.  The fix
is a simple unobtrusive Javascript change.  Change has been reviewed by
Alex.  Rev. 1665735.

Thanks Keith

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
qpid-cpp is ok on AIX.