Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Richter, Tania" <Ta...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2011/06/06 11:36:44 UTC

Feedback derby_downloads.html

Hello,

we are using Derby 10.8.1.2 in our project. Now we have problems that are already reported in issue Derby-5098. As we can see this issue is fixed, but there is no official release right now (10.8.1.3 is supposed to come out mid September). Is there a possibility to get a pre-release or is the only possibility to get the source code and create it on our own?

Regards

Tania Richter
Wincor Nixdorf International GmbH
BD SWD 5
Gutenbergstr.12
63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
fon : +49-6102-202-1562
fax : +49-6102-202-1699
mail :<ma...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
net : <http://www.wincor-nixdorf.com/>
WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht Paderborn HRB 3507
Geschäftsführer: Eckard Heidloff (Vorsitzender), Stefan Auerbach,  Dr. Jürgen Wunram
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Karl-Heinz Stiller
Steuernummer: 339/5884/0020 - Ust-ID Nr.: DE812927716 - WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE44477193

WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht Paderborn HRB 3507
Geschäftsführer: Eckard Heidloff (Vorsitzender), Stefan Auerbach, Dr. Jürgen Wunram
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Karl-Heinz Stiller
Steuernummer: 339/5884/0020 - Ust-ID Nr.: DE812927716 - WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE44477193

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Feedback derby_downloads.html

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@oracle.com>.
On 06.06.11 11:36, Richter, Tania wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are using Derby 10.8.1.2 in our project. Now we have problems that
> are already reported in issue Derby-5098. As we can see this issue is
> fixed, but there is no official release right now (10.8.1.3 is supposed
> to come out mid September). Is there a possibility to get a pre-release
> or is the only possibility to get the source code and create it on our own?

Hi Tania,

You can always try to convince one of the committers to drive the
release process for you, but since 10.8.2 has already been planned I
suspect you'll get your hands on the fix quicker by building head of
10.8 yourself.
When I checked earlier today, there had been 18 commits on the 10.8
branch since 10.8.1 was released. You could also start with the 10.8.1.2
code base and apply only the fix you need to minimize risk.

Depending on your needs and requirements, one of these might help:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SnapshotsAndQuickBuilds (see "Making a
(private) Quick Build of Release Artifacts")
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

Of course, the risk of problems is higher when you build your own
release, since the bits haven't been tested and vetted by the community.

Maybe there are other users on the list that can share their experiences
with rolling their own builds?

Kristian

[1] svn log -r 1095077:HEAD
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/branches/10.8