Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jack Levin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/21 02:15:58 UTC

get vs read

How does "get ave. time" differs from "read average time"?  What is
the definition of thereof?

-Jack

Re: get vs read

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Right ok so that metric is the average time to read from HDFS. One Get
might end up being many reads (or none if your block cache has all the
required data), so there's no one-to-one relationship.

J-D

Re: get vs read

Posted by Jack Levin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: get vs read