Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/15 19:53:35 UTC

Re: Configuring JMeter CSV Dataset Config to read M rows when number of therads are N(N
1. Set the threadgroup to loop forever and on the CSV data set config choose
the Stop Thread on EOF option
OR
1. Use a while controller to loop through the CSV and check that the column
value read is not <EOF>. CSV data set config should have recycle on eof
false and stop thread on eof false
regards
deepak

Re: Configuring JMeter CSV Dataset Config to read M rows when number of therads are N(N Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
> If M [ number of rows in CSV] are 100 and theads configured are 10?
Depend on what you have configured the CSV Data set config to do ...
Assuming Thread Group has Loop forever and CSV DataSetConfig has stop thread
on <EOF> and Recycle as false then Thread1 reads row1 .. thread10 reads row
10 ...then the thread groups loops again so thread 1 will read row 11 and so
on till the 100th row is read , after which the next time a read is
attempted it will read <EOF> and stop the thread and eventually all your
threads and your tests stop

If using while controller
You can choose All threads or Current Thread group (you want each thread
within the thread group to read a different value)
regards
deepak

RE: Configuring JMeter CSV Dataset Config to read M rows when number of therads are N(N Posted by Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com>.