Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Matt Magoffin <ap...@msqr.us> on 2006/09/11 02:24:55 UTC

XPathFunctionResolver for TransformerFactory?

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to configure a
javax.xml.xpath.XPathFunctionResolver implementation with
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory, in a similar way that the
XPathFactory allows? I would like to write an extension function that I
can configure in my application and then pass to the TransformerFactory so
the function is available for transformations created through that
factory.

Or to take a step back, I would like to be able to configure my extension
class so that it has access to application-specific objects at runtime,
i.e. objects that can't be passed to instances of the extension as simple
string parameters from the stylesheet.

Any helpful thoughts much appreciated,

-- m@