Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul-J Woodward <pa...@db.com> on 2003/12/02 12:54:58 UTC

Dynamic assignment of tiles

Dear All,

I am working on an intranet website using struts/tiles. Due to server
restrictions write access is not allowed to the disk from which content is
served. In order to update/add to the content of the website dynamically I
need to change the tileDefinitions.xml file, which is obviously not
possible.

My only solution so far is to write my own version of the
org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition package to access a database instead
- essentially create a TilesDefinitionFactory which reads the definitions
from a database.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or alternatives?

Paul

PS my first posting here, wasn't sure if this was a user problem or a dev
problem.