Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Daniel Kelleher <da...@yahoo.com> on 2014/05/07 09:05:12 UTC

CMIS support in Oak

Hello,

The Oak documentation states "The repository should implement standards like JCR, WebDAV and CMIS". I have two quick questions that I would be grateful if someone would take time to answer:

1. What is the current status of CMIS support in Oak? I don't see much in the docs referring to it.

2. Is the plan that Oak will implement the Chemistry JCR bridge ( http://chemistry.apache.org/java/opencmis-jcr-repository.html ) ? Or will there be a custom CMIS connector that is unrelated to JCR (i.e. will not be usable with any JCR-compliant repo)?

Thanks very much!

Daniel Kelleher

Re: CMIS support in Oak

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 7.5.14 9:05 , Daniel Kelleher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Oak documentation states "The repository should implement
> standards like JCR, WebDAV and CMIS".

That should probably better read "could" instead of "should". It refers
to bare bone oak-core just providing the basics for implementing various
standards on top of it. The only implementations currently being JCR.

> 1. What is the current status of CMIS support in Oak? I don't see
> much in the docs referring to it.

There is currently no such implementation.

> 2. Is the plan that Oak will implement the Chemistry JCR bridge (
> http://chemistry.apache.org/java/opencmis-jcr-repository.html ) ? Or
> will there be a custom CMIS connector that is unrelated to JCR (i.e.
> will not be usable with any JCR-compliant repo)?

The Chemistry JCR bridge works on top of JCR so it should be possible to
switch the underlying implementation to Oak.

There are currently no plans regarding native CMIS support. However
Given the architecture of Oak this certainly is doable.

Michael

Re: CMIS support in Oak