Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Corey Scott <co...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/17 20:41:01 UTC

[OT] RFC on Maven vs. Struts vs. Xdoclet

Hi,

I recently tried to get xdoclet to generate my struts-config.xml,
web.xml, and validation.xml files and thanks to Erik Hatcher, my
JSP's, etc.

After a lot of searching I couldnt find a Maven article for this, only
Ant ones.  Because of this, I tried to keep a record of way I did and
so on.

I have tried to turn this into an article/roadmap of sorts (attached).

I have decided to post it to list for two reasons.

First, to get comments from those (and I am sure there are lots of
you) that know infinately more than me about this kind of thing and
secondly to add it to the archive and pass it on to maven-users for
anyone (like me) that might find it useful.

I happy to take comments, suggestion and even critisizm regarding
this, as  am sure that it can only make the end result better.  I am
also more than happy for anyone to use/abuse or publish this at their
will (peril :-D).

Regards,
Corey

Re: [OT] RFC on Maven vs. Struts vs. Xdoclet

Posted by Corey Scott <co...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

I don't mind where it goes, but i do agree with you that the xdoclet
seems more appropriate.  This had been my original intention.  The
reason I posted it here was to get some feedback, to make sure that it
was correct, and useable, as I didnt want to waste peoples time
reading something that did them no good.  Actually, I intend to
improve the formatting a little and add a footnote in regard to
hacking the struts xdt file, cause I cant seem to get the version
attriburte apply (bug already raised).  I believed that Maven people
would be better at checking the article than xdoclet people because
most of the difficult stuff from a new users perspective (well mine
before i started) was how to get Maven to do what the Ant examples
said it could do :-)

-Corey

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Posted by Corey Scott <co...@gmail.com>.