Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org> on 2018/04/08 12:47:14 UTC

Re: TIKA-1509 (2.x breaking parser change) - ready for first review!

In the absense of complaints, I've gone ahead and merged this to Tika's
master branch for 1.x.  If I've done it right, there won't be any breaking
changes for 1.18, as everything is either new or marked as deprecated
pending finalisation.

I haven't merged to 2.x yet, as it'd be good to get some feedback on the
proposed Parser overridden parse method taking a ContentHandlerFactory
method (to go alongside the long-standing ContentHander one for simpler
cases)

Nick

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Sorry...2.x is the model.  I think I stopped making updates to 2.x around last ApacheCon, and I didn't want to risk losing changes from master.

Should we rename 2.x -> 2.x_working_draft? Or similar?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
> It looks like you merged to master, which, I think is the base for
> 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.  I've been treating branch_1x as the master for
> 1.x.[1]

Ah, I'd thought that the 2.x branch (with the tika-parser-bundles / tika-parser-modules folders) was the one for 2.x, and master was still for 1.x. I haven't done any of my other fixes to the branch_1x branch

> Any objections to me cutting 1.18-SNAPSHOT from branch_1x?

As long as that has all the other fixes on, not from me. I can merge over my multi-parser stuff to branch_1x next week for trying in 1.19

Nick

RE: TIKA-1509 (2.x breaking parser change) - ready for first review!

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Nick,
  It looks like you merged to master, which, I think is the base for 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.  I've been treating branch_1x as the master for 1.x.[1]
  Any objections to me cutting 1.18-SNAPSHOT from branch_1x?

        Best,

                 Tim

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/12342a115623d157063eb9f40064ccf21561cdab5cfb327f3f368aca@%3Cdev.tika.apache.org%3E