Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Felix Gonschorek <fe...@gg-media.biz> on 2009/06/24 00:22:52 UTC

[5.1.0.5] Saving form state for later re-population of field values

Hi all,

i am trying to accomplish the following:

While editing a rather complex business entity bean in an application, one has
to leave the main editing form of the entity bean and go to a subpage to create
or select related entity beans, that are connected with the primary bean.

I want to enable this (going to and returning from a sub-page) without
persisting the primary bean nor validating all form-fields - i thought it was a
good solution to save the state of the form and all containing fields and
re-population those values when the user returns from the subpage.

Does anybody have a hint if and how i could accomlish this?

I search for services and the form related components but did not found a entry
point.

Thank you in advance

Felix

--
Felix Gonschorek
GG-Media

Kirchstr. 18
69115 Heidelberg

Tel:  +49 6221 187 18 10
Fax:  +49 6221 187 18 99
Mobil: +49 176 2234 1338

felix@gg-media.biz
http://www.gg-media.biz

Vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafter:
Felix Gonschorek & Jochen Greiner

Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer
gemäß § 27a Umsatzsteuergesetz:
DE232906440

Re: [5.1.0.5] Saving form state for later re-population of field values

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Felix Gonschorek<fe...@gg-media.biz> wrote:
> I use this pattern (SessionState cleared after successful processing), but:
>
> The form values get not set in my object, because the form has not been
> filled out completely.

Why don't you defer the validation to the page that actually stores the data?
Or break the form in n forms, each one in a different page?

--
Thiago

Re: [5.1.0.5] Saving form state for later re-population of field values

Posted by Felix Gonschorek <fe...@gg-media.biz>.
I use this pattern (SessionState cleared after successful processing), but:

The form values get not set in my object, because the form has not been filled
out completely. I want to save the (unvalidated) state of the form, to
repopulate the component values at a later point in time.

Currently the users of the application have to fill out all fields (so that the
form validates and the values of the components are written in my business
object) before they can go to a sub-page.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago