Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by thanh nguyen <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/06 17:51:54 UTC

read the CSV Data Set Config once

Hi all,

In my script, I want the first thread to do  an activity X, and the second
one to do activity Y. For each thread I want they keep doing their activity
forever.  I have a CSV Data Set Config at the beginning of my script. I put
the activity number in the CSV file and I want Jmeter to read it when it
starts a new thread. But I don't want it reads the file in the next
iterations (because the first thread will read the activity Y)

 My question: how can I do it? My Thread Group's loop count is set to
forever.

I don't want to use the While controller because I want to use the cache
manager's "clear cache each iteration" feature.

The following illustrates my script:

Tesplan
+CSV Data Set Config
+Thread Group
        + Switch Controller
                 + Simple Controller: activity X
                 + Simple Controller: activity Y

One workaround would be designing the script like this:

Tesplan
+CSV Data Set Config
+Thread Group 1
       + Simple Controller: activity X
+Thread Group 2
       + Simple Controller: activity Y

But what the problem arises when I have 15 activities.... It'll be hard to
manage all the thread groups

Thank you
Thanh Nguyen

Re: read the CSV Data Set Config once

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 December 2010 16:51, thanh nguyen <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my script, I want the first thread to do  an activity X, and the second
> one to do activity Y. For each thread I want they keep doing their activity
> forever.  I have a CSV Data Set Config at the beginning of my script. I put
> the activity number in the CSV file and I want Jmeter to read it when it
> starts a new thread. But I don't want it reads the file in the next
> iterations (because the first thread will read the activity Y)
>
>  My question: how can I do it? My Thread Group's loop count is set to
> forever.
>
> I don't want to use the While controller because I want to use the cache
> manager's "clear cache each iteration" feature.
>

> The following illustrates my script:
>
> Tesplan
> +CSV Data Set Config
> +Thread Group