Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "A. Lotfi" <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/02/08 18:15:24 UTC

[users@httpd] why Apache strip html data attribute ???

Hi,
I am not an Apache expert, I am just a java and html developer,  I wrote lot of code using html data attributes, but I was surprised that Apache swallow are strip them, I went to this page :

mod_proxy_html - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| mod_proxy_html - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4Apache Module mod_proxy_html Available Languages:  en  | fr  Description: Rewrite HTML links in to ensure they are addressablefrom Clients' networks in a proxy ... |
|  |
| View on httpd.apache.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

somewhere it said :
If the first form is used, mod_proxy_html will also clean up the HTML to the specified standard. It cannot fix every error, but it will strip out bogus elements and attributes.

please help me.thanks.  Abdel
The nature of promises is that they remain immune to changing circumstances.
Frank Underwood, ‘House of Cards’

Re: [users@httpd] why Apache strip html data attribute ???

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0 don't support the data- attributes since they were
added in HTML5, so striping them out is the correct behavior.
If that is not what you want it to do, don't set that directive.

- Y