Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Thomas Hug <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/14 11:55:30 UTC

CDI Query import

Hey all

Any suggestions on how to proceed with the CDI Query import? So far we have
- a proposal on the API [1]
- a cleaned out branch depending on DS core and PartialBeans, running on
the JBoss, TomEE and Glassfish profiles [2]
- a reasonable amount of documentation [3]
So what'd be next, anything still to adapt/missing?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/DeltaSpike/repository-drafts.html
[2] https://github.com/ctpconsulting/query/tree/dsimport
[3] https://github.com/ctpconsulting/query/tree/dsimport#readme

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Ove Ranheim <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

In what timeframe would CDI Query be imported as a module to Deltaspike?

Is the final name elected to be Data?

Ove

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Thomas Hug <th...@gmail.com>.
Ok, starting to prepare a commit - still some small cleanups to do (like
making rat happy :) but should be ready soon.

Summarizing some of the previous discussions:
- it should go into a dedicated module
- which is named 'data' (discussion happened some time ago, but we had not
many votes on any name AFAIR)

BTW, saw that the root POM still refers to the incubation URLs.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Thomas, great stuff.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Karl,

Maybe you could give it a try and let us know if it works? You'd need at
least JPA, CDI runtime to get it working.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
AFAICS it's just based on JPA and CDI, right?

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Okay sounds good. I guess I interpreted it to it's worst meaning :-) I
would be glad to try to test it with a plain Tomcat during the coming two
weeks but sounds like it should work.

I think the final docs should be formulated a little different if you want
people to try it out and create bug reports with issues etc. At least
myself If I was on a plain tomcat and read that I would give up if I had an
issue.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de>.
+1 for creating a separate module

--
Christian Kaltepoth
Blog: http://blog.kaltepoth.de/

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1 for a separated module.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Thomas Hug <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Thomas Hug <th...@gmail.com>.
That's correct. We also got rid of CDI scopes.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Thomas Hug <th...@gmail.com>.
Hey Karl

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: CDI Query import

Posted by Arne Limburg <ar...@openknowledge.de>.
Hi Thomas,

Great work so far. I just browsed through the doc and add two minor
corrections (see my pull request).

Will take a look at the code now.

Also I have some suggestions for features, but I guess I can add them
myself, once we have added this to deltaspike

Cheers,
Arne