Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Rene Döring <do...@wilken.de> on 2008/01/04 16:54:01 UTC

Problem to run a Cactus test using Jetty integration

Hello

I'm using Cactus for the first time, so I have some difficulties to get
it working. I want to test some servlets, therefore I'm using the Jetty
integration.

I try to run Cactus with Ant and my task looks something like this:
    <target name="run-tests" depends="compile-tests">
        <junit fork="yes" haltonfailure="yes" haltonerror="yes"
printsummary="yes"
           showoutput="true">

            <jvmarg value="-Dcactus.contextURL=http://localhost:8989/test"/>

            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="/home/.../lib/jetty-6.1.6rc0.jar"/>
                <pathelement
location="/home/.../lib/jetty-util-6.1.6rc0.jar"/>
                <pathelement location="/home/.../servlet.jar"/>
                [...]
            </classpath>
            <classpath path="build/test-class"/>

            <batchtest todir="${test.log.dir}" >
                <fileset refid="test.classes.files" />
            </batchtest>
            <formatter type="plain" usefile="false" />
            <formatter type="xml" />

        </junit>
  </target>

The only class which should be tested is the following:

public class TestJettyAll extends TestCase
{
    public static Test suite()
    {
        TestSuite suite = new TestSuite();
        suite.addTestSuite(TestSLabel.class);

        return new JettyTestSetup(suite);
    }
}

And the TestSLabel class looks as follows (only to test whether it works
or not):

public class TestSLabel extends TestCase{
    public void testSButton(){
        int i=5;
        assertEquals(i,5);
    }
}

And now my problem. When I run the ant target, I receive the following
output:

Testcase: unknown took 0 sec
Caused an ERROR
org.mortbay.jetty.Server.addListener(java.lang.String)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.mortbay.jetty.Server.addListener(java.lang.String)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1605)
at
org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.createServer(JettyTestSetup.java:361)
at
org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.setUp(JettyTestSetup.java:209)
at
org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup$1.protect(JettyTestSetup.java:165)
at
org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.run_aroundBody0(JettyTestSetup.java:174)
at
org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.run_aroundBody1$advice(JettyTestSetup.java:224)
at org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.run(JettyTestSetup.java)

What is the problem? The org.mortbay.jetty.Server class is in the
classpath. I have no idea how I can solve the problem :-(
Is there anyone how can help me?

Thanks

Rene

Re: Problem to run a Cactus test using Jetty integration

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rene,

It seems that the versions of Jetty >= 6 there is a gap in the
API. Some of the methods that were in the Server class are now
missing. And apparently one of them is addListener. Those methods
were not deprecated, so I assume that they are just no longer supported.
I am not sure if the Jetty integration will be available with the future
versions of the Cactus project.

2008/1/7, Rene Döring <do...@wilken.de>:

> [...]
> >> JettyTestSetup.java:361)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.setUp(
> JettyTestSetup.java
> >> :209)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup$1.protect(
> >> JettyTestSetup.java:165)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.run_aroundBody0(
> >> JettyTestSetup.java:174)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.run_aroundBody1$advice
> (
> >> JettyTestSetup.java:224)
> >> at org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.JettyTestSetup.run(
> >> JettyTestSetup.java)
> >>
> >> What is the problem? The org.mortbay.jetty.Server class is in the
> >> classpath. I have no idea how I can solve the problem :-(

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

EOOXML Objections
http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections

Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611

Re: Problem to run a Cactus test using Jetty integration

Posted by Rene Döring <do...@wilken.de>.
Hello Petar

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rene,