Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Zhangrucong <zh...@huawei.com> on 2017/01/04 06:25:34 UTC

Does Flink cluster security works in Flink 1.1.4 release?

Hi:
     Now I use Flink 1.1.4 release in standalone cluster model. I want to do the Kerberos authentication between Flink CLI and the Jobmanager. But in the flink-conf.yaml, there is no Flink cluster security configuration.
Does the Kerberos authentication works in Flink 1.1.4 release?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Does Flink cluster security works in Flink 1.1.4 release?

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi!

Flink 1.1.x supports Kerberos for Hadoop (HDFS, YARN, HBase) via Hadoop's
ticket system. It should work via kinit, in the same way when submitting a
secure MapReduce job.

Kerberos for ZooKeeper, Kafka, etc, is only part of the 1.2 release.

Greetings,
Stephan