Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sk...@myrealbox.com on 2003/04/08 20:47:00 UTC

content negotiation with tomcat

Hi,

i just ran over some tips at the w3.org saying url should not
have content specific endings (like .html, jsp, .gif).

It also says, that Apache  with 'content negotiation is able
to achieve this by mapping e.g. an image picture to either
picture.gif or picture.png,...

I have been googling for 'tomcat content negotiation' and found nothing.

Now is tomcat able to achieve a similiar, same, better funcionality than
Apache ? Does it even support this ?

can maybe somebody give me some ressources ?

Thx in advance.

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripczynski(at)mail2003(dot)skripczynski(dot)de

* life is real - unless declared integer *

Re: content negotiation with tomcat

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
If you mean the Apache "mime-magic" module, then, no Tomcat doesn't have a
similar feature (patches are always welcome :).

Mime-types for static content in Tomcat (as well as the rest of the
spec-complient Servlet world) are still based on the file-extension.