Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/06/30 23:54:32 UTC

Proposal for adding an alternate-target element to the form's widget submit element

I would like to make it easier to get different type of exports (pdf,
csv etc...) for the same search form widget. Right now we can add
'export' links to the screen, but it is tricky to keep the search
parameters when you click on them.

What about adding an "alternate-target" attribute to the "submit"
element? This will be used to specify an alternate target for the form
(behind the lines it will use Javascript to change the form's target)
For example:

  <form name="FindOrders" type="single" target="SearchOrdersScreen">
     ... (search parameters)
     <field name="submitButton" title="Search"><submit button-
type="button"/></field>
     <field name="submitButtonPdf" title="Export (PDF)"><submit button-
type="button" alt-target="SearchOrdersScreenPdf"/></field>
     <field name="submitButtonCsv" title="Export (CSV)"><submit button-
type="button" alt-target="SearchOrdersScreenCsv/></field>
</form>

It will render three buttons, one for the standard html screen, one
for PDF version and one for csv exports.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: Proposal for adding an alternate-target element to the form's widget submit element

Posted by Malin Nicolas <ma...@librenberry.net>.
It's really usefull idea,

+1 :)

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant

Re: Proposal for adding an alternate-target element to the form's widget submit element

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1