Posted to repository@apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2014/09/22 11:42:46 UTC

Timeout

Hi,

I'm performing 'mvn release:perform' but getting timeouts - yesterday
everything was ok and I was able upload all the artefacts at once. Is
it possible to increase timeout? I already added <timeout> option but
it didn't help :(

        <server>
            <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
            <username>lukaszlenart</username>
            <password>mySecretPassword</password>
            <privateKey>.ssh/lukaszlenart</privateKey>
            <passphrase>passpass</passphrase>
            <configuration>
                <timeout>12000</timeout> <!-- milliseconds -->
            </configuration>
        </server>

Error message:
[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.6:deploy
(default-deploy) on project struts2-javatemplates-plugin: Failed to
deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact
org.apache.struts:struts2-javatemplates-plugin:jar:2.3.18 from/to
apache.releases.https
(https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2):
The target server failed to respond -> [Help 1]

Thanks in advance
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Timeout

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Maybe that will tell you more - it happened during uploading one of artefacts:

[INFO] Sep 22, 2014 10:22:18 PM
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.httpclient.impl.execchain.RetryExec
execute
[INFO] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when
processing request: Broken pipe
[INFO] Sep 22, 2014 10:22:18 PM
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.httpclient.impl.execchain.RetryExec
execute
[INFO] INFO: Retrying request

Re: Timeout

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Timeout

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@sonatype.com>.
We need to get the proxy timeout increased

--mobile

Re: Timeout

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Re: Timeout

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Timeout

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Timeout

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Yes

Re: Timeout

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Timeout

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

the maven deploy plugin allows to set the "retryFailedDeploymentCount"
property (see:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html ). By
default it is set to one, so the deployment is failing very fast.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Robert