Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2003/07/17 19:54:17 UTC

New svn: property proposal

Hi !

I just had a thought.  Would some people find useful a svn: property
which, on checkout or update, should result in the property's content
being reported to the console ?  When other clients are used, the
callbacks should take care of this reporting too.

One could use such a property to provide instructions on the person
checking out a repository location.  One should take care too when
updating what we should do with the property.  Skip the message if it has
not been updated, etc.

Anyway, this is just to open discussions, not to propose code changes or
anything.

Bye !
François
Developer of Java Gui Builder
http://jgb.sourceforge.net/

Re: New svn: property proposal

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net> writes:

> I wonder if this could be accomplished by a hook.

I wonder if this could be accomplished by writing a different version
control system unrelated to Subversion.  :-)

Seriously -- come *on*.

Re: New svn: property proposal

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.
I wonder if this could be accomplished by a hook.
--
Open-source software has fewer bugs because it admits the possibility of bugs.
        -- Paul Graham