Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2008/08/26 20:34:56 UTC

Stopping the nightly builds

Hey,

I know this will certainly be a disappointment for Jan but I have decided to
stop the nightly builds until such a time as we have an ASF provided build host.

The security considerations surrounding chrooted building and automated SSH were
too complex for me to feel entirely comfortable running and maintaining this
system on my personal server.

Please accept my apologies.

Best,

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/

Re: Stopping the nightly builds

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 05:35:57PM -0400, Jacob I. Torrey wrote:
> I have a Ubuntu server that's doing nothing at all, and if it just needs to
> SVN update, build and run some tests, I'd be happy to get that setup.

That's a very generous offer, so thank you!

I have only just realised that I could run the nightly builds from
people.apache.org using some local versions of the CouchDB dependencies.

I will probably get around to this soon enough.

Thanks again,

--
Noah Slater, http://bytesexual.org/nslater

Re: Stopping the nightly builds

Posted by "Jacob I. Torrey" <to...@clarkson.edu>.
I have a Ubuntu server that's doing nothing at all, and if it just needs
to SVN update, build and run some tests, I'd be happy to get that setup.
Noah, if you wanted to let me know of the exact requirements, I'd be
happy to donate some CPU time to the project, along with some man-hours
now that I'm back in the connected world. On that note, if anyone could
point me to somethings I can do to be helpful while I get acquainted
with CouchDB, I'd be very appreciative.

       Jacob

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.