Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Torsten Glunde <tg...@pcf-software.de> on 2001/07/24 18:14:43 UTC

Error when createing tomcat from source

Hi

when I try to compile tomcat from source I get a
NoClassDefFoundException for org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.ObjectCreate.
Looking in the Source of XmlMapper there is an inner class defined
called ObjectCreate - but no public class ObjectCreate which should
recide in an own File called ObjectCreate.java.

Looking at the binary distribution I find a class ObjectCreate in the
jar archive - so for me there are two possibillities what happened:

- some java compiler will generate an ObjectCreate class from the inner
class definition which from my opinion is against the java specifications

- perhaps you have forgotten to distribute an own java file for this
ObjectCreate class.

Could you please tell me if I am using a wrong compiler or if there is
missing a source file.

Yours sincerely
Torsten Glunde