Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Marcello Barnaba <vj...@openssl.it> on 2013/12/08 16:20:50 UTC

[ANN] CouchDB-Lucene Package availability for OpenSuSE systems

Hello list,

I have built a package of CouchDB-Lucene for OpenSuSE (11.4 ~ 13.1) systems.

It is available on https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:vjt:ifad/couchdb-lucene. The same buildservice repo also contains the latest releases of CouchDB (1.5.0) and Erlang (R16).

This package is built from our CouchDB-Lucene fork (https://github.com/ifad/couchdb-lucene), that increases the precisionStep of date fields, to allow more granularity in range queries and perform exact sorting, allows queries to be POST’ed and includes the full ooxml-schemas from Apache POI, allowing Tika to parse Office documents that use exotic features.

We are using this release in production since July 2013, and we didn’t encounter any issue with it - it works beautifully, backing an application with tens of thousands of CouchDB documents, and some thousands of Office attachments.

Feedback is of course appreciated. :-)

Enjoy!

~Marcello

Re: [ANN] CouchDB-Lucene Package availability for OpenSuSE systems

Posted by Marcello Barnaba <vj...@openssl.it>.
On Dec 08, 2013, at 16:53, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:

> Brilliant!

Thanks ^_^'

> Pull Requests for the features in your fork would be gratefully received
> too.

OK, I’ll cook it up now in a separate branch, that removes the version changes.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Brilliant!